How to Use iPhone Wallpapers in Light and Dark Modes
Setting your iPhone to automatically transition between Light and Dark Mode is an excellent method to enjoy both display modes while giving your eyes a rest at night. However, you won’t get the whole experience unless your iPhone wallpaper can automatically change to match each theme.
You can set this as your default iPhone wallpaper, but it isn’t your only choice. The Shortcuts app expands your options even further, and for the daring, there’s a jailbreak hack that combines the best of both approaches.
Here are three methods for setting Light and Dark Mode wallpapers on your iPhone.
Choose From Built-in Light and Dark Mode Wallpapers
iPhones have 23 built-in adaptable wallpapers as of iOS 15.5. The iPhone 13 and 13 Pro models have extra Light and Dark Mode live wallpapers that change automatically to fit the design of your smartphone.
These color-changing iPhone Stills wallpapers are comparable to dynamic Mac wallpapers, but less detailed.
How to Use the Built-in Light and Dark iPhone Wallpapers
Although it restricts you to the usual selections, choosing a built-in option is the simplest approach to match your wallpaper to the design of your iPhone.
To set a wallpaper that varies with Light and Dark Mode, do the following:
- Open the Settings app and scroll down to Wallpaper. Then, choose Choose a New Wallpaper.
- Choose Stills from the top row of selections to choose an iPhone Stills wallpaper. Alternatively, if your device supports them, you may choose Live.
- Next, look for wallpapers that have a split thumbnail that shows both light and dark previews. Select the wallpaper you wish to use by tapping on it.
- Tap the center button at the bottom to toggle perspective zoom on or off in the full-screen preview, which will match your iPhone’s current appearance.
- Finally, decide whether you want the wallpaper to appear on your Lock Screen, Home Screen, or both.
- Then, tap Set.
- In the Settings app, schedule Light and Dark Mode (Shortcuts not required). If you’re using an iOS version older than iOS 15, you’ll have to select this option.
Disabling Wallpaper Dimming
There is one option you must alter if you want to enjoy a brilliant iPhone’s Dark Mode wallpaper without your device diminishing it.
In the Settings app, go to Wallpaper and search for the option labeled Dark Appearance Dims Wallpaper.
This choice, as stated in the fine print, will dim the wallpaper based on the ambient light around you. Turning it off means that the Dark Mode wallpaper on your iPhone shows in its full, vivid brilliance. While the built-in wallpapers are great, you may wish to choose your own photos for Light and Dark Mode.
Set Custom Light and Dark Mode Wallpapers With Shortcuts
You may choose individual photos from Files or Photos as your bright and dark backgrounds using the Shortcuts app. Then, on a timetable, you may utilize an automation to switch from one iPhone wallpaper for Dark Mode to another for Light Mode. To utilize this approach, you must be running iOS 14 or later.
In this step-by-step tutorial on change your iPhone wallpaper on a schedule, you’ll learn precisely how to set up the shortcut and automation.
While earlier versions of the iOS Shortcuts app couldn’t adjust the look of your iPhone while it was locked, such automation is now feasible with iOS 15 and later. That means you have two choices for scheduling your iPhone to go between Light and Dark Modes.
Setting Up Automatic Switching Between Light and Dark Mode
You may test the DynaWall jailbreak modification if you have a jailbroken iPhone. This $2.79 software allows you to pick two photographs to create a wallpaper that changes depending on whether you are in Light or Dark Mode.
What distinguishes it as a jailbreak-only solution? The program installs the custom wallpaper as if it were a built-in wallpaper in the Settings app. The advantage of this is that the wallpaper will adjust whenever your iPhone’s look changes—no schedules or automations are necessary.
- To run the Set Appearance action at specific times, use personal automations in the Shortcuts app. This option is not limited to changing your wallpaper twice; you can create as many time-based personal automations as you want to change it throughout the day.
- Use personal automations in the Shortcuts app to run the Set Appearance action at specified times. This option isn’t limited to two times; you can create as many time-based personal automations as you want to change your wallpaper throughout the day.
Use a Jailbreak Tweak for Custom Light and Dark Wallpapers
Of course, if you haven’t already, you’ll need to learn how to jailbreak your iPhone.
The wallpaper on your iPhone is generally a static picture. However, you may add a whole new dynamic to your iPhone by customizing its wallpaper to fit Light and Dark Mode.
Choose the way that works best for your setup and alter the backdrop of your iPhone to match its look.
Personalize Your iPhone With Adaptive Wallpapers
Try using a Live Photo as a wallpaper to create an even more active wallpaper experience.
Choose the method that works best for your setup and make your iPhone’s background change with its appearance.
If you want to create an even more dynamic wallpaper experience, try using a Live Photo as a wallpaper.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Use iPhone Wallpapers in Light and Dark Modes on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the appsladder.com team, along with other related topics such as: How To.
Related videos about How to Use iPhone Wallpapers in Light and Dark Modes