How to Turn Off Facebook Post Comments
Almost everyone appreciates it when others leave comments on their Facebook postings. However, the comments area might be hijacked by trolls who leave nasty remarks or spammers who submit unwanted advertisements. In any event, you’ll want to reclaim command of your post.
Let’s look at how to deactivate and control the comment area of a Facebook post when appropriate.
Checklist for Free: Get the Ultimate Facebook Security Checklist here.
Facebook restricts your ability to regulate your personal postings. As a result, you cannot completely prevent comments on your Facebook postings. However, you may restrict who can comment on your posts.
However, if you are an admin in a Facebook group, you may fully disable comments on a post.
To handle comments on your profile posts, you may use either the Facebook mobile app on your phone or its browser version on a PC. This post will demonstrate how to do so with both versions.
Here’s how to use the Facebook mobile app to control comments on your posts:
- Determine which Facebook post you want to prohibit comments on.
- Hover your mouse over the three dots in the top-right corner of the post. Select Who may comment on your post from the menu.
- On the next page, choose one of the three alternatives. Your default setting should be Public, as expected. As a result, you may choose either Friends or Profiles and Pages as relevant. To confirm your choice, tap Done. Log in to Facebook using your browser.
- Hover your mouse over the upside-down triangle.
The procedure is little more complex on Facebook’s online version. Here’s how to handle comments on personal Facebook posts from your computer.
- Navigate to Settings & Privacy > Privacy.
- From the side menu, choose Public Posts.
- Select your chosen commenting audience from Public, Friends of Friends, or Friends by clicking on Public Post Comments or the area adjacent to it.
- Locate the post for which you want to disable the comment.
- Hover your mouse over the three dots in the top-right corner of the post.
That’s all you need to know about managing comments on your Facebook post.
Unlike personal postings, group administrators on Facebook may totally deactivate the comment part of a post in a Facebook group. Follow these steps to do this:
- Identify the post for which you’d like to turn off its comment.
- Click on the three dots in the top-right corner of the post.
- Select Turn off commenting.
The processes are the same while using the online version. Simply search for the three dots in the top-right corner of the article.
That’s the end of it. Facebook instantly blocks the post’s comment area. However, the previous comments are still visible underneath the post.
Having many perspectives on a subject might be beneficial. However, if you’re simply posting personal stuff, you may wish to restrict access to the comment area to individuals close to you.
A same guideline applies to groups: if you’re not sharing something that needs feedback from other members, just disable commenting on the post using the techniques outlined above.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Turn Off Facebook Post Comments on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the appsladder.com team, along with other related topics such as: How To.
Related videos about How to Turn Off Facebook Post Comments