How to Safely Sign Out of iCloud on a Mac, iPhone, or iPad
Do you no longer wish to utilize iCloud on your Apple devices? Here’s how to sign out of your account securely.
Apple’s cloud storage service, iCloud, is available for free or with a paid membership. To use all of the capabilities on Apple devices, you must sign in to iCloud. Signing in during the initial setup process is straightforward. However, if you wish to sign out of an already configured device, things get a bit more complicated.
If you wish to cease using Apple’s services or sign in with a different Apple ID account, here’s how to sign out of iCloud on your Mac or iPhone.
How to Sign Out of iCloud on a Mac
To sign out of your iCloud follow these steps:
- In the top-left corner of the screen, click the Apple logo.
- In the top-right corner of System Preferences, click Apple ID.
- Select Overview from the left-hand panel and then Sign Out at the bottom.
- Before you log out, you may be requested to save a copy of your iCloud data. If you wish this to happen, choose Keep a Copy. This implies that even when you log out of iCloud, data from its services will remain accessible on your Mac. Select the data you wish to save and click the Keep a Copy button. Alternatively, choose none if you wish to delete the data on your Mac and retain it exclusively on iCloud’s servers. If Find My Mac is enabled, it will prompt you to enter your Apple ID password before proceeding. To sign out, you may be prompted to enter your Mac’s password. You will then be able to securely log out of your iCloud account on your Mac.
- Navigate to Settings and open the Apple ID.
- Scroll to the bottom and choose Sign Out.
Related: Things to Do Before Selling Your Mac
How to Sign Out of iCloud on an iPhone or iPad
Signing out of iCloud on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices is the same. Here’s how to go about it:
- In the upper right corner, enter your Apple ID password and hit Turn Off. Before you log out, you may be requested to save a copy of your iCloud data. If you wish this to happen, check the box next to Keep a Copy. This implies that even when you log out of iCloud, data from its services will remain on your device. Select the data you wish to save and click the Keep a Copy button. Select none if you wish to delete the data from your device and just retain it on iCloud’s servers.
- Tap Sign Out in the upper-right corner, then sign out again on the popup. You’ve now successfully deactivated your iCloud account on your iPhone, iPod, or iPad.
- Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off in the top right corner.
- You may be asked to keep a copy of your iCloud data before you log out. Select Keep a Copy if you want this to happen. This means that even after you log out of iCloud, data from iCloud’s services will still be available on your device. Select the data you want to keep and select Keep a Copy. Or choose none if you want to remove the data from your device and keep it only on iCloud’s servers.
- Tap Sign Out in the top-right corner, then tap Sign Out on the popup again. You’ve now safely logged out your iCloud account on your iPhone, iPod, or iPad.
Are You Having Trouble With iCloud?
iCloud connects your devices and assists you in making the most of Apple’s “walled garden” environment. However, you may have difficulties logging in or out, receiving error messages such as Cannot Connect to iCloud or Updating iCloud Settings. With a few fast troubleshooting steps, you can quickly resolve these issues.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Sign Out of iCloud Safely on a Mac, iPhone, or iPad on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the appsladder.com team, along with other related topics such as: How To.
Related videos about How to Sign Out of iCloud Safely on a Mac, iPhone, or iPad