How to Remove PS4 Accounts
Will you be giving your PS4 to someone else? Is someone leaving your PlayStation 4 and will no longer be gaming on it?
In any case, it’s a good idea to delete the connected user account and all associated data from your console. This guarantees that your PS4 only has active users and that the user list is clean. This post will teach you how to erase PS4 user accounts from your console.
How to Delete a PS4 User Account
When you delete a PS4 user account, you also delete that user’s stored data, screenshots, and video clips. If you’ve previously backed up your game saves or don’t mind losing them, you may deactivate your account from your PS4 by following the steps below.
- Select Settings from the console’s main menu.
- Scroll down under Settings and pick the Login Settings option. You may browse all of your PS4 user accounts here. On the next page, choose User Management.
- From the list, choose the account you wish to delete.
- Choose Delete User.
- The PS4 will show a popup informing the user that their data will be erased. To proceed with the deletion, click the Delete button.
- Select the Account Management option. To utilize this feature, you must first log in to your PlayStation Network account. On the next page, choose Activate as Your Primary PS4. Select Deactivate to make the current account a secondary account.
The account you wished to delete from your PlayStation 4 will be gone.
How to Change the Primary PS4 User Account
If the user account you’re eliminating is your PS4’s main account, you may wish to establish another account as the primary account first.
Here’s how to change the main account on your PlayStation 4.
Deactivate the Current Primary PS4 Account
You must first deactivate the main privilege on your existing primary account. This is how you do it:
Open the Settings menu on your PS4.
- Sign in to the account you wish to use as your main PS4 account. Choose Activate as Your Primary PS4.
- On your console, go to Settings > Login Settings > User Management > Delete User.
- Choose the main PS4 account to be deleted.
Make a User Account the Primary Account on the PS4
- The PS4 will prompt you to start your console. This deletes all of your data and resets the console to factory defaults. Allow the reset procedure to complete.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Select Account Management.
- You cannot use your account ID to create a new PlayStation account. You no longer have access to the material you bought with your account. The bought material cannot be transferred to another account.
- Select Activate.
Your existing PlayStation 4 account will now be the main account.
How to Delete the Primary PS4 User Account
You may remove the principal PS4 user account even if another account is designated as the primary account.
You can do this as follows:
- You will only get a refund if you follow the PlayStation Store cancellation policy. You will be unable to access any of your subscriptions. You will no longer be able to access your PSN wallet. You cannot recover the monies that are presently in your PSN wallet.
- Select the primary PS4 account you want to delete.
- The PS4 will ask that you initiate your console. This deletes all your data and restores the console to the factory settings.
- Let the reset process finish.
On your PS4, you may now create a new account or log in to an existing one. This account will now be your console’s main account.
How to Delete a PlayStation Network Account
What you did above was remove a PS4 user account. Your Sony account is still active, and you may access it from any PlayStation system. If you wish to discontinue your association with PlayStation, you may permanently erase your PlayStation Network account. This is not the same as removing a PS4 user account.
You will need your sign-in ID (email address) and user ID to terminate your PlayStation Network account.
When you delete a PlayStation Network account:
- You can’t use your account ID to create another account with PlayStation.
- You can no longer access the content you purchased with your account.
- You can’t transfer the purchased content to another account.
- You’ll only receive a refund if the refund is in line with the PlayStation Store cancellation policy.
- You won’t be able to access any of your subscriptions.
- You will no longer have access to your PSN wallet.
- You can’t get back the funds currently in your PSN wallet.
Once you have the necessary materials, you must contact Sony and request that your account be closed using the Sony Contact Us website. Unlike many other sites, there is no straightforward button you can click to delete your account.
If you desire to return to PlayStation in the future after your account has been erased, you may always register a new PlayStation Network account.
You don’t have to utilize dormant user accounts on your PlayStation 4. If a user (including yourself) leaves the console, you may securely delete their account and maintain the user list orderly.
Remove Unwanted PS4 User Accounts
The PlayStation 4 has several user account options, such as the ability to delete user accounts and even change the PSN name in your account.
The PlayStation 4 offers many features regarding user accounts, like deleting user accounts and even changing the PSN name in your account.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Remove PS4 Accounts on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the appsladder.com team, along with other related topics such as: How To.
Related videos about How to Remove PS4 Accounts