How to Record a Screen Shot on an iPhone (With Sound)
The ability to record your iPhone’s screen is useful for a variety of reasons. You could record your screen to demonstrate how to use an iPhone to a friend or family member. Maybe you have a blog where you post short iOS video tutorials. Perhaps you’d like to start your own YouTube channel with iPhone how-to videos.
In any case, creating a screen recording on iOS is now easier than ever. We’ll show you how to screen record on your iPhone using both the built-in tool and a few iPhone screen recorder apps.
How to Screen Record on iPhones
The screen record tool is available on iPhones running iOS 11 and later. This utility is built into iOS, is free, and is one of the most useful iPhone widgets.
To use the screen recording tool on iOS, you must first enable it in Control Center. To accomplish this:
- Navigate to Settings and then Control Center.
- Scroll down to More Controls to find Screen Recording.
- Drag the Plus symbol to the top of the Included Controls header.
Step 2. Start Your Screen Recording
- Launch Control Center. To accomplish this on an iPhone X or later, swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen. Swipe up from the bottom of your screen on previous models.
- When you tap the Screen Recording button, a three-second countdown will appear before your phone begins recording. This provides you time to prepare your screen. To avoid popup alerts from interfering with the screen recording, use Do Not Disturb.
- Long-press the button and then hit the Microphone Off symbol to enable voice capture while recording your screen. If you turn on the microphone, it will record audio the next time you record your screen until you turn it off.
- The bar or clock at the top of your screen will become red when recording.
Step 3. Stop Your Screen Recording
- To stop recording, press the red clock or red bar at the top and confirm your decision by hitting Stop. Alternatively, you may return to Control Center and touch the Screen Recording option again.
- When you finish recording, you’ll notice a notification in your Photos app indicating the screen recording has been saved. And presto! That’s how you make a screen recording.
Related: How to Customize Your iPhone Home Screen
How to Use iPhone Screen Recording Apps
While the screen recording tool included with iOS is adequate, you may want to try a third-party app with additional features. There are numerous apps to choose from, but these three are both free to download and simple to use. If you like Snagit for computer screen captures, you’ll enjoy TechSmith Capture for iPhone and iPad.
1. TechSmith Capture
To begin a recording, tap the red button at the top of the app, and then select Start Broadcast on the next screen. You can also record audio by turning on the microphone.
During recording, the clock or bar at the top of your screen will turn red, just like the native iOS tool. Tap the red bar and select Stop to stop recording. You’ll be notified that your screen recording has been saved.
When you launch the app, you’ll see the recording, which you can share if you want. Choose one of the sharing options on your device, such as Camtasia, Snagit, or TechSmith Relay. If you have Snagit installed on your computer, the sharing to Snagit option is ideal.
Take notes! Another good App Store option is Screen Recorder. This app functions nearly identically to TechSmith Capture.
Download: TechSmith Capture (Free)
2. Record It! Screen Recorder
Tap the red button and then select Start Broadcast on the next screen to begin recording. If you want to record audio with your screen, turn on the microphone once more.
During recording, the clock or bar at the top of your screen will turn red. Tap the red clock or bar and select Stop to end your recording. You’ll see a notification that your screen recording has been saved.
To view your recording, launch the app. You can then share it to your Camera Roll, YouTube, or another app on your device. Take notes! It also has a nice video editor where you can trim your recording, change the canvas size, add background color, and do other things.
\sDownload: Take notes! Screen Capture (Free, premium version available)
DU Recorder is another iPhone screen recorder app to consider. This app works in the same way as the previous two for screen recordings. If you want to save the recording to your Photos, start by tapping Record to Local Device in DU Recorder. Then, choose Start Recording, DU Recorder, and Start Broadcast.
3. DU Recorder
Like the others, you’ll be greeted with the red clock or bar at the top of your screen. Stop your recording by tapping the red clock or bar, then Stop to confirm. You’ll receive notification that your recording has been saved to Photos.
DU Recorder also includes extra features such as live streaming to YouTube, Facebook, and Twitch. You can also trim, add text or music, and crop your recording from within the app.
Get: DU Recorder (Subscription required, free trial available)
It’s your turn now that you know how to use iOS’s handy screen recording tool as well as a few great App Store apps. In just a few minutes, you can make a great iPhone screen recording. If you’re worried about screen rotation while recording, here’s how to force rotate your iPhone into landscape mode.
It’s Your Turn to Create an iPhone Screen Capture
Now that you know how to use the convenient screen recording tool in iOS, as well as a few great apps from the App Store, it’s your turn. You can now create a great iPhone screen recording in just minutes. If you’re concerned about screen rotation while recording, here’s a how-to on force rotating into landscape mode on iPhone.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Record a Screen Shot on an iPhone (With Sound) on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the appsladder.com team, along with other related topics such as: How To.
Related videos about How to Record a Screen Shot on an iPhone (With Sound)