How to Play MKV Videos Without Converting Them on an iPhone or iPad
How to Play MKV Videos on an iPhone or iPad Without Converting Them
Do you have an MKV video that you can’t seem to get to work on your iPhone or iPad? You may try this easy workaround.
You just downloaded a movie from the internet and discovered it’s an MKV file, but your iPhone or iPad’s built-in applications only handle MP4 and MOV video formats. Fortunately, there is a workaround. Let’s see how to watch MKV videos on your iPhone or iPad.
Play MKV Videos Using VLC for Mobile
VLC is a free media player for desktops that also has a mobile version named VLC for Mobile. The mobile app is likewise free and available for download from the App Store. VLC supports a wide range of file types, including MKV. As a result, you may view your movie whenever and wherever you choose, without the hassle of changing file formats with extra applications.
Download: VLC for Mobile (Free)
How to Play MKV Videos Downloaded on Your iPhone or iPad
When you download a video on your iPhone or iPad, it is saved in the Files app’s Downloads folder. When you touch on an MKV video, you’ll get nothing but a blank page with the video title and file size.
So, after you’ve downloaded the VLC program, follow these instructions to watch MKV videos on your iPhone or iPad:
- Launch the Files app. Select your MKV video.
- Tap the Share icon.
- Select the VLC app.
- The VLC program will begin playing your MKV video. Connect your iPhone (or iPad) to the same Wi-Fi network as your PC. Select the Network tab in the VLC program on your iPhone or iPad.
How to Share MKV Videos Between Your Computer, iPhone, and iPad
If you have a video on your computer that you want to view on your iPhone or iPad, the quickest approach is to share it directly with the VLC app through Wi-Fi. Here’s how it’s done:
- Enable Wi-Fi Sharing. This produces a one-of-a-kind URL.
- In the search box of your computer’s web browser, input this URL and hit Enter.
- To add the video file, click the Add (+) button on the resultant website.
- The video is successfully added to your VLC playlist once the loading meter reaches 100%.
- Go to the Video tab on your iPhone or iPad. Your video can now be viewed on your mobile device.
- Once the loading bar hits 100%, the video is successfully added to your VLC playlist.
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to the Video tab. You can now watch your video on your mobile device.
Enjoy Your MKV Video on Your iPhone or iPad
Although Apple’s default applications do not handle MKV video files, VLC for Mobile allows you to view your film on your iPhone and iPad. However, while downloading videos from the internet, take care not to violate any copyright laws!
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Play MKV Videos Without Converting Them on an iPhone or iPad on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the appsladder.com team, along with other related topics such as: How To.
Related videos about How to Play MKV Videos Without Converting Them on an iPhone or iPad