Split-screen co-op is a mainstay of the Halo series. But, at least officially, this functionality is gone from Halo Infinite.
Fortunately, despite the absence of official support, split-screen co-op is still possible in Halo Infinite. And, except a few minor menu problems, the function works well.
We can explain why 343 Industries stopped supporting split-screen co-op and how to activate split-screen unofficially.
Why Isn’t Split-Screen Co-Op an Official Feature of Halo Infinite?
Due to the rocky launch of Halo Infinite, several essential components of what gamers expect from a Halo game were absent from the start.
According to GameRant, features such as Forge, co-op Campaign, weapon variations, multiplayer game modes, and even multiplayer maps have been omitted.
As a result, 343 Industries was compelled to devote tremendous amounts of development effort on maintaining and adding features to Halo Infinite that gamers had previously anticipated.
Because of the continual demand for fresh material, Halo Infinite’s game design as a Games as a Service title exacerbated the problem.
Due to these challenges, 343 Industries’ Head of Creative, Joe Staten, indicated in a long Developer Update that Halo Infinite would best use the resources required to build split-screen co-op elsewhere.
The cancellation of Halo Infinite’s split-screen co-op adds to the notion that couch co-op gaming is disappearing and might be seen as additional evidence of this.
While 343 Industries eventually dropped co-op split-screen play for Halo Infinite, the functionality is still very much accessible and played unofficially.
Things You May Need to Know About Halo Infinite’s Split-Screen Co-Op
Because 343 Industries does not allow split-screen co-op, you should be aware of the following limitations before learning how to enable it:
- You may experience issues or malfunctions since Halo Infinite split-screen co-op is not officially supported.
- Enabling split-screen co-op may overwrite your save file if you complete a level. In Halo Infinite, you’ll need an online companion waiting in a custom game lobby.
- Split-screen needs at least two profiles on your console or PC before it can be enabled. Select Campaign from the Halo Infinite main menu.
- Select Load Game and the save file you wish to use for split-screen co-op.
While save file corruption may seem to be a serious problem, the file will continue from your previous single-player save point. In other words, if your file becomes damaged, it will only destroy your progress when playing with split-screen enabled.
How to Enable Split-Screen Co-Op in Halo Infinite
With the possible concerns described, if you wish to enable split-screen co-op in Halo Infinite, do the following steps:
- Press Play, a countdown should occur, and you should be able to access your Friends Menu.
- When the countdown expires and the Loading Map screen opens, pick a buddy from your list and click Join.
- To leave your friend’s Fireteam, enter Fireteam Options and choose Leave. You will then be on your own private gaming server. Select Local Offline from the Server choices. Finally, connect any controller or profile with whom you wish to play split-screen and press Play.
- When the countdown runs out and Loading Map appears, select a friend from your list and choose Join.
- Once you have joined your friend’s Fireteam, simply open Fireteam Options and select Leave.
- You will then be in your own custom game server. Open the Server options and select Local Offline.
- Lastly, connect any controller or profile you want to play split-screen with and select Play.
If you are successful, the game will put you immediately into the save file for the Campaign you choose originally, but with split-screen co-op enabled.
Experience Couch Co-Op Gaming on Halo Infinite While You Still Can
With Halo Infinite’s absence of support for split-screen couch co-op and other titles opting for online-only multiplayer, couch co-op may be on its way out.
Despite its restrictions, unauthorized solutions like as Halo Infinite’s split-screen bug may at least keep the old Halo couch co-op atmosphere.
Check out the finest couch co-op games on the Xbox Series X|S to further immerse yourself in some of the best couch co-op gaming experiences and improve your co-operative play.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Play Halo Infinite’s Split-Screen Co-Op Unofficially on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the appsladder.com team, along with other related topics such as: How To.
Related videos about How to Play Halo Infinite’s Split-Screen Co-Op Unofficially