How to Mirror Your Android Device Using Samsung Smart View
There are many methods for mirroring your smartphone onto your television, ranging from HDMI to Chromecast to Miracast. If you have a Samsung Galaxy mobile, the Smart View function is the simplest method to do this.
It will allow you to do anything from play YouTube music videos to examine files on a large screen. You may even show off your photographs if you have a lot on your phone! It may be handy for individuals who have smart TVs or are searching for new methods to show their material. We’ll show you how to set up and utilize Smart View.
What Is Samsung Smart View?
The Samsung Smart View function enables you to mirror the contents of your Samsung mobile directly onto a smart TV.
Using a smart TV rather than a tiny mobile display can improve your watching experience. It may also be used as an auxiliary monitor. The Smart View function is currently intended to operate mainly with Samsung smart TVs, although it may still work with other manufacturers that accept the Miracast standard, including LG, Sharp, Philips, Sony, and others.
DRM-protected material, on the other hand, cannot be duplicated using the Smart View capability.
How to Use Samsung Smart View
To utilize Smart View, your smart TV must be linked to the same network as your Samsung Galaxy phone or tablet. You’ll also need Miracast wireless display capability on your smart TV, which is available on newer Samsung TVs as well as some of the other models indicated above.
Once you’ve checked that these settings are correct, launch Smart View on your mobile device and choose the smart TV from the list of accessible devices. The screen of your phone will then be mirrored to the screen of your TV. Let’s take a deeper look at some of your options.
Use Wireless Display Mirroring With a Smart TV
You may use this feature to watch your favorite applications, photos, movies, and games on your TV. To begin, you will need a Miracast-capable Smart TV and an active Wi-Fi connection. This approach may not work if you have an older TV model, phone, or other unsupported device. If this is the case, you should try some of the alternatives listed below.
Here’s how to set it up:
- Swipe left on your Samsung cellphone after pulling down the Quick Settings panel with two fingers. Select Smart View.
- Ensure that your phone and television are both linked to the same Wi-Fi network. The software will begin looking for suitable devices automatically.
- Choose your smart TV from the list of available devices. If it does not appear, try disconnecting and restarting your television.
- To give permissions, press Start now on the pop-up screen. Once connected, your Samsung Galaxy mobile should start mirroring on your TV. On the right, you can see the Smart View menu.
- To convert to a full-screen view, just alter the aspect ratio on your phone by heading to the Smart View menu and choosing Phone aspect ratio > Full screen on linked device.
- To turn off the functionality, go to the menu and choose Disconnect.
- First, make sure your Amazon Fire TV Stick is connected to your HDTV.
Mirror a Samsung Galaxy Phone With an Amazon Fire Stick
If your TV lacks wireless display capabilities, you may mirror your smartphone screen using the Smart View app and a suitable casting or streaming device. For this instruction, we’ll be utilizing the Amazon Fire TV Stick. Here’s all you need to do, and remember to link your phone and TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, return to the home screen and navigate to Settings > Display and audio > Enable Display Mirroring.
- Next, go to the home screen of your Samsung smartphone, pull down the Quick Settings panel, and swipe left. Select Smart View.
- The app will provide a list of devices that are in range. Tap the Fire TV Stick device.
- Select Start Now to provide the required permissions. When you connect your Samsung Galaxy mobile, it should start mirroring to your HDTV.
- From the Galaxy Store, download and install the SmartThings app on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
- Select Continue to provide the necessary location and other permissions. Tap While using the app on the pop-up screen.
Mirror Your Screen With the Samsung SmartThings App
The SmartThings app includes built-in support for Samsung’s most recent lineup of smart TVs (2017 and later), allowing you to stream content directly from your phone to your TV while also providing a variety of useful features for other connected devices in your home, such as controlling lights or opening doors.
The Smart View feature is only available on certain Samsung TVs built between 2011 and 2016. You may utilize the Samsung SmartThings app with newer models.
Download: SmartThings (Free)
Here’s how to use it.
- From the home screen, go to the bottom menu panel and choose Devices.
- To add a new device, tap + (the plus icon) and then Add device in the top-right corner.
- Tap Scan to see if there are any TVs in the area that are linked to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Choose your device and press the Add button.
- The device’s availability status will be immediately updated. During this procedure, you must maintain both your phone and TV turned on and connected to the same network.
- Return to the list of devices and touch on your TV again. The Mirror screen (Smart View) option on your smartphone has now been updated.
- Click the Play/View button. To begin mirroring your device, you must accept the connection request on your TV screen.
- Open Quick Settings and choose Accept and Continue to accept the conditions.
- On the app’s main screen, go to Multimedia > Cast > Enable. Swipe down from the top of your device to access the Quick Settings tray.
Mirror Your Screen With a Third-Party App
Several techniques exist for displaying the screen of your Android handset on your TV. A third-party app is one method to do this (for both Samsung and non-Samsung smartphones). We’ll use the Quick Settings app as an example here, which is a decent option if Smart View isn’t working for you.
Download: Quick Settings (Free, in-app purchases available)
- On the top-right corner of your home screen, tap the three-dot menu. Select Edit buttons to add the Cast icon to the tray. The Cast icon can be found in the list. Long press the icon and drag it into the tray.
- To save your settings, tap Done at the bottom of the screen.
- To mirror your screen to your TV, simply tap the Cast button.
- Tap the three-dot menu on the top-right of your home screen.
- To add the Cast icon to the tray, select Edit buttons. You can view the Cast icon in the list. Long press and drag the icon into the tray.
- Tap Done at the bottom of the screen to save your settings.
- Now simply tap the Cast button to mirror your screen to your TV.
Issues and Troubleshooting
If you’re experiencing difficulties mirroring your Samsung Galaxy mobile using the Smart View app, try the solutions listed below.
Check to see whether both of your devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Try rebooting your router if you’re having problems connecting to the Wi-Fi network. To see whether your connection is operational, go to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi on your Samsung smartphone. Deactivate any VPN connections you may have setup.
You must also check that you have approved device connection permissions for your TV and smartphone devices.
The Smart View function requires that your smart TV be compatible. To see whether your TV supports screen mirroring, consult its user manual or do an internet search for its model number (if available) and information on compatible devices or capabilities.
Furthermore, the most recent versions of Smart View are meant to operate with other Samsung devices, so compatibility difficulties may arise depending on which version you’re using.
You may also use these ways to mirror your Android smartphone.
Share and Present Your Content Easily
Mirroring your smartphone on a TV or PC may enhance your immersive and engaging experiences. Smart View makes it simple to share and display material immediately from your phone or tablet. You will be able to show material from a Samsung Galaxy or other Android smartphone, such as a slide deck for your presentation, a web page, a product pitch for sharing around for debate, or a series of photographs for inspiration, with mirroring capabilities.
Smart View makes it easy to share and show content directly from your phone or tablet. With mirroring capabilities, you will be able to present content from a Samsung Galaxy or other Android devices, such as a slide deck for your presentation, a web page, a product pitch for passing around for discussion, or a set of photos for inspiration.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Mirror Your Android Device Using Samsung Smart View on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the appsladder.com team, along with other related topics such as: How To.
Related videos about How to Mirror Your Android Device Using Samsung Smart View