How to Hide Instagram Likes
Instagram users may now conceal like numbers on their posts according to a 2021 update. The firm has long debated whether to add a function to conceal like counts, first testing it and then completely implementing it.
This article will teach you how to conceal the public like count on your Instagram posts as well as the posts of other Instagram users.
Why Hide Public Like Counts on Instagram?
According to Facebook, the tool was designed to enable people communicate on the network freely and without pressure. However, mental health professionals have expressed growing worry that publicly expressing likes might contribute to increased anxiety, one of the biggest negative impacts of social networking.
As a result, concealing Instagram likes has been proposed as a viable method of reducing social comparison. However, because of the controversy surrounding the function, Instagram will enable users to opt in rather than making it the default. Because the two social media sites are controlled by the same business, you may also conceal likes on Facebook.
How to Hide Likes on Your Instagram Feed
You may disable like counts on posts from other Instagram accounts by following these instructions…
- Go to your Instagram account.
- In the upper right corner, tap the hamburger menu.
- From the pop-up menu, choose Settings.
- Go to Privacy, then Posts.
- To enable the functionality, move the slider next to Hide Like and View Counts.
You will not see the overall amount of likes and views from other users’ material on the site if you do this.
How to Hide Like Counts on Your Instagram Posts
If you wish to disable the like count on your own postings, Instagram also enables you to do so.
- Tap the create button and then choose Post from the list of choices. If you haven’t already, allow Instagram access to your photographs and videos.
- Scroll through your gallery and choose a picture or video to upload, then click Next in the upper right.
- If you like, you may adjust the image/video on the following page before tapping Next.
- Tap Advanced options at the bottom of the New post page. This will send you to a page where you can hide Instagram comments, share posts automatically on Facebook, conceal like and view counts, and so on. By pressing the adjacent slider, you may enable Hide like and view counts for this post.
- Return to your picture or video and continue publishing it.
- Go to an older Instagram post with like counts.
Other Instagram users will not see the total number of likes on your post if that option is enabled, even if they have not disabled like counts for their own profile. In other words, if you conceal the number of likes on a post, others will not be able to see it. However, you will still see the like count and views on that specific post from your profile page. If you’ve previously shared an article, you may still activate or disable the like count in the future.
On Android and iOS, you can conceal the total like count from the public on older posts by following these steps:
How to Disable Like Count on Your Old Instagram Posts
You may adjust these options later by repeating the process. Turn off like counts by touching the three-dot menu in the upper right corner of a post and choosing Unhide like count or Unhide like and view counts.
- In the upper right corner of the post, tap the three-dot menu.
- To enable the function, tap Hide Like Count or Hide like and view counts from the pop-up menu.
- Next, tap Hide Like Count or Hide like and view counts from the pop-up menu to activate the feature.
However, bear in mind that if you wish to conceal or unhide like counts on future articles, you must repeat this step for each post. Because Instagram does not offer a common option for concealing or unhiding like counts on your posts, you must accomplish this.
Check out our article on how to get rid of bothersome Instagram advertising if you’re annoyed by them for more methods to modify your viewing choices on Instagram. The like count function on Instagram only applies to posts in your feed. So, if you activate the option, you will not get total like counts from your homepage feed, but you will see them elsewhere.
The Reels tab, for example, still displays the total amount of likes even when the like counts on your main feed are disabled.
Does Instagram’s Hide Like Count Feature Apply to Other Parts of the App?
Instagram’s option to conceal like counts is a useful approach to reclaim control over your interactions by evaluating posts based on their content rather than the amount of likes they get. It’s also a useful strategy for concealing the amount of likes on your articles, which is particularly useful if you’re not yet popular.
The Reels tab, for instance, still shows the total number of likes even with the like counts hidden on your main feed.
Make Your Instagram Experience Better
Instagram’s ability to hide like counts is a handy way of regaining control over your interactions by assessing posts based on their content, not based on the number of likes they get.
It’s also a handy trick for hiding the number of likes on your posts, especially if you’re not that famous yet.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Hide Instagram Likes on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the appsladder.com team, along with other related topics such as: How To.
Related videos about How to Hide Instagram Likes