How to Disable the Mac’s Pop-Up Blocker
Are you having trouble accessing a website on macOS because your browser is preventing pop-ups? Fortunately, you can deactivate the pop-up blocker in common browsers such as Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.
After you deactivate the blockers, any websites you visit in these browsers will be able to open pop-up windows. You may also allow pop-ups just for certain websites on your Mac.
Which Type of Pop-Up Are We Talking About?
A pop-up is a little window that appears when you visit a website or when you click a link on the website. Pop-up windows are often used by shopping sites, bargain sites, and other websites to capture your interest.
These webpage pop-ups should not be confused with the little alerts you get on your Mac. These alerts are produced by your system or installed programs. They are unrelated to the pop-ups you encounter in your browsers.
How to Allow Pop-Ups in Safari on Mac
It’s simple to deactivate the pop-up blocker on Mac’s default Safari browser. To disable the pop-up blocker, just go to the settings menu and modify a setting. The location of this option depends on the version of Safari you’re running.
You may also use the Terminal to activate and disable Safari’s pop-up blocker.
How to Allow Pop-Ups in Safari 12 or Later
Safari 12 and subsequent versions allow you to deactivate the pop-up blocker for all websites or for specific websites that you specify in the browser. The pop-up blocker is available in Safari 12 and later as follows:
- Launch Safari, then pick Preferences from the Safari menu at the top of the screen.
- Go to the Websites tab.
- On the left, choose Pop-up Windows, and on the right, select Allow from the dropdown menu for any currently open websites.
How to Allow Pop-Ups in Safari 11 or Earlier
Safari 11 and previous contain a checkbox that allows you to activate and disable the pop-up blocker with a single click. Here’s how to locate that box:
- Open Safari, then pick Preferences from the Safari menu at the top of the screen.
- Head to the Security tab.
- Uncheck the box labeled Block pop-up windows.
How to Allow Pop-Ups in Safari Using the Terminal
Those of you who prefer the Terminal will be pleased to hear that there is a Terminal command that allows you to activate and disable pop-ups in Safari 11 or earlier on your Mac. This is how you execute that command:
- Launch the Terminal.
How to Unblock Pop-Ups in Chrome on Mac
If you use Chrome as your default browser on Mac, unblocking pop-ups is as simple as going into Chrome’s settings and unchecking a box. This is how you do it:
- In Chrome, click the three dots in the top-right corner and then choose Settings.
- Select Site Settings from the right pane after clicking Security & Privacy on the left.
- Scroll down and choose Pop-ups and redirects.
- To deactivate Chrome’s pop-up blocker, check the box next to Sites may send pop-ups and employ redirection.
How to Turn Off the Pop-Up Blocker in Firefox on Mac
Firefox has a similar way to deactivate the pop-up blocker as Google Chrome. You go into settings, uncheck the applicable item, and you’re done. Here’s how it’s done:
- Launch Firefox, then pick Settings from the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner.
- On the left, choose Privacy & Security. Scroll down and uncheck the item next to Block pop-up windows.
- Scroll down and clear box next to Block pop-up windows.
If you wish to allow pop-ups from certain websites while blocking all others, go to Exceptions and add your websites to the exclusions list.
Allowing Those Tiny Pop-Up Windows on Your Mac
Some websites need you to activate pop-ups on your computer in order to function. As we’ve seen, permitting pop-ups in several macOS browsers is a simple way to do this.
Pop-ups aren’t the only source of irritation on the internet. Some websites now employ alerts to pique your interest. Most online browsers allow you to deactivate site alerts if you wish to stop this.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Disable the Mac’s Pop-Up Blocker on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the appsladder.com team, along with other related topics such as: How To.
Related videos about How to Disable the Mac’s Pop-Up Blocker