How to Change the Email Address on Your Apple ID
To secure your account, update your Apple ID if you receive a new email address or lose access to an old one.
Your new email address will serve as your login for your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, as well as other Apple services such as iTunes, the App Store, and iCloud. Don’t worry about losing your data; your account will stay the same (along with all of your prior app and music purchases), but it will now be connected to your new email address.
Let’s see how to alter your Apple ID email address without further ado.
How to Change Your Apple ID Email Using the Website
Log out of any Apple device associated with your Apple ID before you begin. Also, make sure your iCloud backup is up to date so you don’t lose crucial data like contacts or other information.
You’ll also need access to your Apple ID’s email address to authenticate the change, so double-check that you have the password for your email account.
With that all done, let’s get started:
- Sign in to appleid.apple.com on your iPhone, Mac, or PC using your current Apple ID and password. If you can’t remember your Apple ID password, you may easily reset it.
- The website will direct you to the Sign-In and Security page. To proceed, click the Apple ID tab.
- Next, in the Change your Apple ID box that appears, enter your new email address. If the email address you supplied is not accessible, it signifies that another Apple user is using it. You must use a different email address or establish a new Apple ID unless the user disconnects that email from their account.
- When you click Change Apple ID, you’ll be prompted to input a verification code delivered to your new email address. Look for it in your email and type it into the given blank areas. If you can’t locate the verification code, double-check that you’re checking the correct email. You might also look for [email protected]’s most recent email.
- The dialog box will close when you input the verification code, confirming that you have successfully updated your Apple ID email.
- Sign in to all of your Apple devices and services using your new Apple ID; please keep in mind that you cannot change your Apple ID within 30 days of the previous change.
Furthermore, you can only alter Apple IDs that are non-Apple email addresses, such as @gmail.com, @hotmail.com, or @yahoo.com email addresses. You won’t be able to update your Apple ID if it utilizes a proprietary domain such as @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com.
If you want to switch to a different Apple ID account but not alter the email address you’re using as your Apple ID, sign out and then sign back in.
How to Change Your Apple ID Email From Your iPhone Settings
You may also update your Apple ID email address in the iPhone’s Settings section. Here’s how it’s done:
- On your iPhone, launch the Settings app.
- Open the Name, Phone Numbers, and Email area after selecting your name at the top of the page.
- From the Contactable At section, choose Edit.
- Then, on the right side of the screen, hit the red minus (-) button next to your name, followed by Delete.
- Select Continue on the pop-up page to confirm you wish to delete your old email and create a new one.
- On the new page that displays, enter the email address you wish to use for your Apple ID.
- Verify your new address by opening the email sent by Apple to your new Apple ID email address.
Make a backup of your iPhone before beginning this procedure, or you may lose important data. You’d have to change your passwords on all of your other devices.
How to Change Your Apple ID Email on Your Mac
You’d have to update your sign-in information on your other devices after changing your Apple ID email address. If you were previously signed in on your Mac, you should now use your new Apple ID email to sign in to iCloud to avoid difficulties such as iCloud not synchronizing. Here’s how it’s done:
- In the menu bar, pick the Apple symbol, then System Preferences, and finally Apple ID.
- To have your device store a copy of your iCloud data, click Sign Out, then choose Keep a copy from the pop-up dialog box.
- When asked, enter your Apple ID password to sign out of iCloud on your Mac. It may take a minute for the sign-out procedure to finish.
- At the login box, enter your new Apple ID email address and password, followed by your Mac’s password. After you click Next, you should be signed in again.
Connect to Apple Services With Your Apple ID
Your Apple ID serves as your entry point to all of Apple’s services, including Apple Music, Apple Arcade, Apple TV+, and others. In fact, you can’t use the Apple ecosystem without an Apple ID.
So, if you have any more issues updating your Apple ID email, please contact an Apple Support representative for assistance.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Change the Email Address on Your Apple ID on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the appsladder.com team, along with other related topics such as: How To.
Related videos about How to Change the Email Address on Your Apple ID