How to Cancel Audible in Six Simple Steps
How to Cancel Audible in 6 Easy Steps
Audible may not be worth your time right now. Let’s take a look at how to cancel an Audible membership in a few simple steps.
Where can you request that Jeremy Irons, Jake Gyllenhaal, Bryan Cranston, and Kate Winslet speak in your ear? Amazon’s Audible is the world’s biggest audiobook vendor. Is this making you reconsider canceling your Audible subscription? Even so, let’s look at how to cancel an Audible membership in a few simple steps.
If you like audiobooks, you may be wondering, “Is Audible worth it?” You may also have a legitimate cause to terminate your Audible subscription. Is it one of the following?
Reasons for Cancelling an Audible Subscription
For audiobook fans, Audible provides a number of advantages. However, there may be some personal drawbacks for you as well. One of these might be your primary cause.
- The monthly subscription fee for Audible is too high for a single monthly credit.
- You dislike Audible’s recommendation system because it does not surface titles that are relevant to you. The reason for using the app has shifted: For example, you used to drive a lot and now you don’t. When you read rather than listen, you understand more. There are less expensive alternatives to Audible audiobooks.
- Visit the Audible desktop website. A subscription cannot be cancelled using the Audiblephone or tablet app.
- Select Account Details from the dropdown arrow next to your name.
- At the bottom of the “View membership details” section, click Cancel membership.
Your reason may not be on the list above, but Audible makes it simple to cancel a membership with a few clicks.
How to Cancel an Audible Subscription
Once you’ve determined your reason, you may cancel your Audible membership. We’ll start with a straightforward step-by-step procedure and then go over some additional rules you should be aware of.
- On the following screen, Audible requests feedback on the reasons for the cancellation. Explain why you want to cancel your membership and then click the Cancel Membership button.
- Depending on your location and the reasons for your cancellation, Amazon may provide an alternative. For example, it may suggest a pre-paid membership plan rather than a recurring plan. It may also offer you a “special” plan in order to entice you to stay. If you are not interested in the service, proceed with the cancellation process. Sign in to Amazon Audible again to confirm your cancellation. After you cancel, you will receive an automated email as proof of your cancellation. You can only cancel the monthly recurring plan. Prepaid plans cannot be cancelled because they simply expire. Cancel your membership on the desktop site. You cannot cancel any plans from the Audible mobile apps. However, you can access the site and complete the process using the desktop versions of Chrome and Safari. Unused credits are also cancelled along with the subscription. Make use of them before canceling. They cannot be transferred to another person.
- Continue to listen to your audiobook collection. You keep access to your previous audiobook library and can download them again.
- Cancel your subscription before the next billing cycle. Manage your online subscriptions and cancel them before the next billing cycle begins. Also, if you are in the trial period and do not want to be billed when the trial period ends, cancel your subscription.
- Audible books are still available for purchase. However, you will not be able to take advantage of special discounts, deals, or Audible features such as audiobook exchange or returns.
- Change to a lower-cost plan. Customize your subscription based on your listening habits. Audible provides several membership plans with the option to change plans at any time. Click the Switch Membership button, which is located beneath the “Your Membership” section.
Are there any issues? Go to the Customer Service page and get in touch with the support team.
Before You Cancel Your Audible Subscription
Read over these points before clicking the orange cancel button. They are also highlighted on Amazon’s Help page.
- Take a break. Some marketplaces (such as the United States and the United Kingdom) will allow you to pause your membership. But only if you have a recurring monthly plan. Furthermore, anaccount can only be put on hold once every 12 months. This hold can last anywhere from one to three months. You will not be charged a membership fee, but you will not receive any new credits or free audio show access.
- Try it with a promotional offer. As previously stated, when you go through the cancellation process, Audible may occasionally offer you a special package. It can be an incentive to continue listening to audiobooks for another three months at a low cost. After all, a good motivational audiobook can even make a small difference in your life.
- Use an Audible Coupon Code. Promotional codes can help you save money on membership fees and extend your relationship with the service. Look for Amazon coupon codes.
- Turn on Family Library Sharing for others. You can share your audiobooks by creating an Amazon Household Library.
- Cancel before the next billing cycle.Manage all your online subscriptions and cancel it before the next payment cycle starts. Also, cancel your subscription if you are in the trial period if you do not want to be billed when the trial ends.
- You can still purchase Audible books. But you won’t be able to take advantage of special discounts, deals, and special Audible features like an audiobook exchange or returns.
5 Alternatives to Canceling Your Audible Account
The one-month Audible trial period with your choice of books is an excellent place to start to discover whether it’s right for you. But suppose you’ve jumped in and are now hesitant about your commitment to the service. Lack of time is one of the most typical explanations.
With a few simple actions, you can give it one more attempt before going nuclear.
- Switchover to a lower priced plan. Tailor your subscription to your listening habits. Audible offers several membership plans and the option to switch plans anytime.Click the Switch Membership button located below “Your Membership” section.
- Take a hiatus. Some marketplaces (like U.S and U.K) will allow you to put your membership on hold. But only if you have a monthly recurring plan. Also, anaccount can be on hold only once every 12 months. This hold can be anywhere between one to three months.You won’t be charged a membership fee, but you will also not receive any new credits or free access to audio shows.
- Try it with a special offer. As I explained before, Audible can sometimes offer you a special package when you go through the cancellation steps. It can be an incentive to build an audiobook listening habit for another three months at a good discount. After all, a good motivational audiobook can even change your life in little ways.
- Use an Audible Promotional Code. Promotional codes can help you to reduce the membership fees and help extend your association with the service. Search for Amazon promotional codes.
- Tune others into Family Library Sharing. You can set up an Amazon Household Library and share your audiobooks.
Saying Goodbye to Audible
Perhaps it’s time to sever the cord. Perhaps you haven’t had the good fortune to carve out a few hours for an audiobook. However, with that difficult-to-find button, the canceling procedure might be frightening at times. The good news is that Amazon makes it simple to say goodbye. It does, however, make a last-ditch effort to keep you. And it does utilize a plain blue “text” button rather than a flashing red one!
If the cost of membership isn’t a problem for you, check out some of these Audible insider tips. They may be able to assist you in maximizing the credits you have available before you leap out.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Cancel Audible in Six Simple Steps on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the appsladder.com team, along with other related topics such as: How To.
Related videos about How to Cancel Audible in Six Simple Steps